Pocahontas County Board of Education Meeting Agenda, Tuesday, 7-9-19
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will meet at their Office Conference Room in Buckeye on Tuesday, July 9th. This meeting will start at 5:00 p.m. with a work session, followed immediately by the regular meeting. As a reminder, the Board of Education has voted to move their meetings from Mondays to Tuesdays for the Fiscal year which began on July 1, 2019. They also approved holding their regular meetings once every three weeks. The following is the agenda for the July 9th regular meeting
After normal opening items such as, approving of minutes of prior meetings and of the agenda for this meeting they will receive public input called delegations.
The Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and Special Recognitions.
They did not list any informational reports on this agenda.
The Board will then approve routine financial matters including:
- Approval of vender claims and government purchasing card charges.
- Approval of budget adjustments.
- Approval of grant awards.
- Approval of their summary of revenues and expenses based on a cash basis for the month ending May, 2019.
- Approval of the June 8, 2019 payroll in the amount of $236,997.86; the June 22, 2019 payroll in the amount of $217,026.45 and of the June clean-up payroll in the amount of $4,802.52
- Approval of extra duty Pay for June in the amount of $27,708’98 and of the extra duty pay for the June clean-up in the amount of $5,252’06
They will consider approval of the following items from the Miscellaneous section of the agenda:
- The purchase of a 2021 Blue Bird 77-passenger “Vision” conventional school bus at a cost of $92,046.00.
- A Memorandum of Understanding between the Board and Community Care of West Virginia for their services during the upcoming school year.
- A contract between the Board and the Pocahontas County Health Department effective August 19th, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
- A contract between the Board and Leslie Goodall effective August 19, 2019 through December 31, 2019.
- A contract between the Board and David B. Wamsley , a Certified School Psychologist, for the upcoming school year.
- The selection of David Moore, Jr. as a Volunteer Golf Coach for the Pocahontas county Schools for the 2019 -2020 season.
Next, the Board will approve a professional and service personnel agenda and then the Board will end the meeting with a “matters of the Board” session where each Board Member can speak to the Board and to the public.