Pocahontas County Commission Agenda for 11-15-16
POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION
William S. Beard, Jr., President
Jamie Walker, Commissioner David McLaughlin, Commissioner
900 TENTH AVENUE MARLINTON, WEST VIRGINIA 24954
Telephone: (304)799-6063 Fax: (304)799-3977
November 15, 2016
5:30 pm. Discussion and/or Action – Exoneration Orders; Approval of Minutes;
5:35 pm. Public Input/Hear Callers.
5:45 pm. Open Bids and Award Heating Oil Contract for Courthouse Offices and Jail Building November 16, 1016 – October 31, 2017 Per Advertisement.
6:00 pm. Cathy Kunkel Energy Efficient West Virginia – Discussion and/or Action-Request for Resolution to Public Service Commission Opposing Pleasants Power Plant Purchase by Mon Power.
6:15 p.m. Lauren Bennett Pocahontas County Parks and Recreation – Discussion and/or Action- Temporary Use of Former Shoe Factory Building for Skate Boarding Activities.
6:30 p.m. Ashton Berdine, West Virginia Land Trust – Discussion and/or Action-Memorandum of Understanding with Pocahontas County Commission for Camp Bartow Project (WV DOH Grant).
6:45 pm. Glenn Galloway Pocahontas County Day Report Center – Discussion and/or Action- Monthly Update.
The following agenda items have not been assigned a time slot but will be addressed during today’s meeting.
- Discussion and/or Action – Approve Final Settlements and Orders.
- Discussion and/or Action – Approve Improper Charges.
- Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Water Task Force Approval of Job Announcement and Publication of Request for Resumes.
- Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Farmland Protection Board-Approval of Bylaws Adopted on September 13, 2016.
- Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Commission Resolution Designating Greenbrier Valley Economic Development Corporation as Lead Economic Development Organization.
- Discussion and/or Action – Letter of Support for Green Bank Observatory.
- Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Local Emergency Planning Committee Appointment of Anne Walker Town of Hillsboro Two Year Term 09-30-18; Heather Niday Allegheny Mountain Radio Two Year Term 09-30-18; Leisha Cassell Bartow-Frank-Durbin Volunteer Fire Department Two Year Term 09-30-18; Mike Holstine Green Bank Observatory Two Year Term 09-30-18; John Rebinski Cass Fire Rescue Two Year Term 09-30-18; John Leyzorek Community Representative Two Year Term 09-30-18; Pocahontas County Sheriff’s Department Representative Three Year Term 09-30-19.
- County Commission Mail Items/Concerns.
- Discussion and/or Action – Budget Revision and Resolution for County Clerk Grant $6,305.00 and Prosecuting Attorney Refund $121.00.
- Report from Counsel.
- Approve Invoices.