Pocahontas County Commission Agenda – September 19, 2017 Regular Meeting
POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION
William S. Beard, Jr., President
David McLaughlin, Commissioner Jesse A. Groseclose, Commissioner
900 TENTH AVENUE MARLINTON, WEST VIRGINIA 24954
Telephone: (304)799-6063 Fax: (304)799-3977
September 19, 2017
5:30 pm. Discussion and/or Action – Exoneration Orders; Approval of Minutes.
5:35 pm. Public Input/Hear Callers.
5:45 pm. Discussion and/or Action – Increase in County Portion of Excise Tax.
6:00 pm. Pocahontas County Free Libraries – Discussion and/or Action-Proposal for Creation of Pocahontas County Libraries and Tourist Visitors Centers.
6:15 pm. Shawn Smith Pocahontas County Chamber of Commerce – Discussion and/or Action-Request Permission for Area in Former Shoe Factory Building for Haunted House in October, 2017.
6:30 pm. Discussion and/or Action – Presentation of Road Issues and Projects Relating to Road Bond.
7:00 pm. Donald McNeel Pocahontas County Floodplain Coordinator – Discussion and/or Action- Floodplain Permits/Fees.
The following agenda items have not been assigned a time slot but will be addressed during today’s meeting.
- Discussion and/or Action – Approve Final Settlements and Orders.
- Approve Improper Charges.
- County Commission Mail Items/Concerns.
- Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Fire Board Appointment of Three Citizen Members (One Member From Each Magisterial District) for One Year Term, Two Year Term and Three Year Term, Respectively. (West Virginia Code 7-17-6).
- Pocahontas County Clerk Melissa Bennett – Discussion and/or Action-Approval of Pocahontas County 2016-2017 Financial Statement.
- Discussion and/or Action – West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection Right of Entry Form for Phase I Environmental Study for Interstate Hardwoods Building Site. (East Fork Industrial Park.)
- Discussion and/or Action – Report from Counsel.
- Approve Invoices.