Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 06-19-18
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, June 19th, starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda:
After normal opening procedures there will be an opportunity for public input at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:40 p.m. the Commissioners will hear from Pocahontas County Prosecuting Attorney Eugene M. Simmons and will consider approval of as a part-time employee in the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
At 5:45 p.m. the Commissioners will hear from Cara Rose Pocahontas County Convention and Visitors Bureau and will discus and consider action on a letter of Support for the International Mountain Biking Association Ride Center application for the Snowshoe Highlands Ride Center
At 6:00 p.m. M. Elaine Dilley and Alicia Tallman from the One Room University will ask the Commissioners to approve their Contract Agreements for 2018-2019.
At 6:15 p.m. the Commissioners will discuss and consider action on the Pocahontas County Towing Ordinance.
At 6:30 p.m., the Commissioners will consider approval and Continuation of Services Between MindEase Solutions and the Pocahontas County Day Report Center.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following for discussion and possible action on by the Commission.:
- Final settlements and orders.
- Improper charges if any
- Commission mail orders and concerns
- The newly revised Pocahontas County 911 Standard Operating Procedures.
- Pocahontas County Farmland Protection Board’s Resolution for purchase of a Permanent Conservation Easement from Alfred Dilley, et ux., as well as the appointment of Jennifer Rose as an unaffiliated farmer Board member on the Farmland Protection Board for a four-year term
- The appointment of Paul Rader to a four-year term on the Pocahontas County Solid Waste Authority
- The appointment of Delores Cutlip to a four-year term on the Pocahontas County Health Department.
- The appointment of Mark Smith for a six-year Term on the Pocahontas County Public Service District.
- The appointments of Ken Gaitor and Judy Fuller to three-year terms on the Pocahontas County Parks & Recreation Board.
- The designation of county depositories for 2018-2019 as required by West Virginia Code 7-6-1.
- To allow the Pocahontas County Emergency Medical Services Authority to use the Pocahontas County 911’s account with BearCom for their EMS Mobile Radios Contract.
- The West Virginia Counties Risk Pool 2018-2019 Member Agreement.
- The scheduling of a special session for payment of year end invoices.
- They will receive a report from the Commission’s Counsel. Bob Martin.
- The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.