Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 10-1-19
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, October 1st , starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton.
After normal opening procedures there will be an opportunity for public input at 8:35 a.m.
At 8:45 a.m. the Commissioners will hear from Emergency Management Director, Mike O’Brien who will ask the Commissioners to discuss and approve the following:
- Authorization to apply for a grant for an Emergency Management Vehicle.
- Authorization to apply for a grant for Radio equipment for Shavers Fork Fire and Rescue
- And for permission to advertise used 911 equipment for sale.
At 9:00 a.m., the Commissioners receive an update on the status of the Atlantic Coast Pipeline from Denise Campbell.
At 9:15 a.m., John Simmons of the Pocahontas Senior Citizens Programs will deliver an update to the Commissioners on those programs.
At 9:30 a.m., Vivian Parsons of the WV Counties Risk Pool will discuss Cyber Security Insurance Coverage with the Commissioners.
At 9:45 a.m. the Commissioners will hold a discussion on and consider approval of the Pocahontas County 2018-2019 Financial Statement.
At 10:00 a.m. The Commissioners will hear from Andrea O’Brien and will consider her request for Commission sponsorship of a “Trunk or Treat” event at the Former shoe Factory parking lot.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Approval of final settlements and orders.
- Commission mail items and concerns
- A discussion and consideration of taking action regarding the creation of a separate checking account and funding for the Pocahontas County Broadband Study Grant.
- There will be a report from their Counsel
The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.
A copy of the official agenda published by the Commission can be found here: 10-1-19 Commission Actual Agenda DOC