Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 11-5-19
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, November 5th, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton.
After normal opening procedures there will be an opportunity for public input at 8:35 a.m.
At 8:45 a.m., the Commissioners will hear fr om Emergency Management Director, Mike O’Brien and there will be a discussion and/or Action on an agreement for E911 GIS consulting and support with Atlas Geographic Inc.
At 9:00 a.m., the Commissioners will open the sealed bids and award a bid for an Emergency Management vehicle.
At 9:15 a.m., Daniel Arbogast, Director of the Pocahontas County Day Report Center will deliver the Center’s Quarterly Update.
At 9:30 a.m., they will discuss and consider action on the deed and agreement between the Pocahontas County Commission and Pocahontas County Public Service District for an easement at the East Fork Industrial Park.
At 10:00 a.m. The Commissioners will receive and consider contribution or funding requests from the following individuals, groups and organizations:
- Bill McNeel, from the Marlinton Railroad Depot – a request for funding.
- Staci Russell-Teaney, representing the Child and Youth Advocacy Center – a request for funding.
- And, John Lamb, from the American Legion Post 50 – a request for funding.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Approval of final settlements and orders.
- Commission mail items and concerns.
- A discussion and consideration of taking action on the adoption of a final order for creating a schedule of fees and rate of compensation for Fiduciary Commissioners.
- There will be a discussion and possible Action regarding the Joining of Pocahontas County in the proposed settlement class for the opioid litigation.
- The Commissioners will discuss and consider adoption of a proclamation recognizing Pocahontas County 911 Public Safety Telecommunicators.
- They will consider making three-year appointments of the following to the Pocahontas County 911 Advisory Board:
- Mike O’Brien,
- Helen Clark
- Donald McNeel
- and Bridget Shaw.
- They will consider appointing Nancy Martin to a three-year term on the Parks and Recreation Board.
- They will consider appointing Cristin Bartlett to a four-year term on the Farmland Protection Board.
- There will be County Commission Board updates.
- There will be a report from their Counsel.
- The Commissioners will discuss and consider taking action on a letter received regarding attorney fees for the Prosecuting Attorney.
The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.