Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 4-17-18
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, April 17th, starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda:
After normal opening procedures there will be an opportunity for public input at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:40 p.m. the Commissioners will lay the County Levy for Fiscal Year 2018-2019
At 5:45 p.m., the Commissioners will receive the annual update from Cara Rose of the County Convention and Visitors Bureau and will hear and consider her request for technical assistance funding toward the match for the Appalachian Regional Commission Grant..
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
- Approval of improper charges if any
- Discussion of mail items and concerns
- Discussion of and possible action on approval of amended guidelines for Pocahontas County Commission Contribution Requests
- Discussion of and possible action on a memorandum of understanding with the Town of Hillsboro regarding the Hotel Occupancy Tax.
- They will discuss and consider the issuance of a letter of support for the Region 4 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy’s five year revision.
- They will discuss and consider approval of a fire alarm systems test and inspection by SecuriTech, LLC.
- They will discuss and consider approving an amendment to the order establishing rules, regulations and administrative procedures for the collection of the Hotel Occupancy Tax.
- They will discuss and consider the appointments of Jason Scotchie and Robbie Pyles as alternates to the unexpired term of Barbara Lay ending on September 30, 2019 on the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- They will receive a report from the Commission’s Counsel. Bob Martin.
- The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.
A link to a copy of this Agenda as published by the Commission can be found below