Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 4-2-19
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, April 2nd, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Courthouse Commission Office in Marlinton with the following agenda.
After normal opening procedures there will be an opportunity for public input at 8:35 a.m.
At 8:45 a.m. the Commissioners will hear from 911 Director Mike O’Brien and consider approval of a memorandum of understanding with West Virginia University’s GIS Technical Center regarding the E-911 Addressing Project Grant.
At 9:00 a.m., the Commissioners will hear from Ed Riley of the Pocahontas Solid Waste Authority to receive an update and discuss their policy changes.
At 9:15 a.m. they will hear from Sheriff Jeff Barlow and Deputy Sheriff Troy McCoy and will discuss and consider a contract for the purchase of body cameras for the Law Enforcement Deputies.
At 9:30 a.m., they will hear from WV House of Delegates Member William Hartman and discuss and consider action on Frontier communications.
At 9:45 a.m. they will hear from Daniel Arbogast, Director of the County Day Report Center and will discuss and consider approval of a Memorandum of Understanding the Community Corrections Criminal Justice Board regarding the Grant Award and approval of the 2019-2020 WV Community Corrections Grant Application.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
- Approval of improper charges if any
- Discussion of mail items and concerns
- Consideration of the appointment of Joshua Hardy to serve as Fiduciary Commissioner.
- The Commissioners will consider approval of an In-House Budget Revision and Resolution for the Day Report Center.
- They will consider a lease renewal with the WV Department of Transportation for the Solid Waste Transfer Station at Green Bank.
- Consideration of the appointment of Candace Butler as a Board Member for the County Parks and Recreation for the remainder of a three-year term expiring on June 30th, 2021.
- There will be a report from their Counsel
The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.
A copy of this Agenda as published by the Commission can be found at this link: 4-2-2019 actual commission agenda DOC