Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 5-1-18
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, May 1st, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton.
After normal opening procedures there will be an opportunity for public input at 8:35 a.m.
At 8:45 a.m. the Commissioners will discuss and consider action on a local area contract for Courthouse Internet services.
At 9:00 a.m., the Commissioners will hear from Ginger Carr of the American Red Cross and will receive an overview of services the Red Cross provides in Pocahontas County.
At 9:30 a.m., the Commissioners will hold a public meeting about the Frank/Bartow sewer extension project and will consider approval of resolutions in support of the Small Cities Block Grant for the project.
At 9:45 a.m. the Commissioners hear from Shenda Smith of the County Water Task Force and will discuss and consider action on an agreement with Trout Unlimited, the West Virginia Rivers Coalition, and the WV Highlands Conservancy.
At 10:00 a.m. The commissioners will receive contribution/funding requests from the following organizations:
- Allegheny Mountain Radio
- The Pocahontas County High School Football Boosters for helmets and safety equipment
- The American Red Cross
At 11:00 a.m., the Commissioners will receive an update from Denise Campbell on the Atlantic Coast Pipeline Construction project.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
- Approval of improper charges if any
- Discussion of mail orders and concerns
- They will consider approval of a fire alarm test and inspection agreement with SecuriTech LLC.
- They will consider the appointment of Bridget Shaw to an unexpired term on the County 911 Advisory Board.
- There will be County Commission Board Updates.
- There will be a report from their Counsel
The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.
A copy of this Agenda as published by the Commission can be found with at the below link: