Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 9-18-18
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, September 18th, starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda:
After normal opening procedures there will be an opportunity for public input at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:45 pm Andrew Hagy of the Greenbrier Economic Development Corporation will deliver the annual update on economic de3velopment activities in Pocahontas County.
At 6 pm, Pocahontas County Clerk, Melissa Bennett will present for the Commissioners’ approval, the 2017-2018 Pocahontas County Financial Statement. Bennett will also ask for Commission’s approval of election workers, their wages and building rentals for the November 6th General Election. In addition, Bennett will ask the Commissioners to discuss and consider action on the County’s Electronic Voting Machines.
At 6:15 pm, The Commissioners will discuss with John Lamb and consider taking action on repairs to the Cannon on the Courthouse lawn.
The following are the other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time:
- The Commissioners will consider approval of final settlements and orders and improper charges,
- There will be a discussion of mail orders and concerns
- The Commissioners will discuss and consider approving the request of David Cain for a waiver of the ten foot setback line from a county-owned FEMA lot in East Cass to enable Cain to install a septic system on his lot.
- The Commissioners will consider approval of the annual Memorandum of Understanding Agreement between West Virginia University and the Commission.
- They will receive a report from the Commission’s Counsel. Bob Martin.
- The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.
A copy of this Agenda as published by the Commission can be found at this link: