Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 5-7-19
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, May 7th , starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda
After normal opening procedures there will be an opportunity for public input at 8:35 a.m.
At 8:45 a.m. the Commissioners will hear from 911 Director Mike O’Brien and consider his request for them to approve the Lauttamus Communications quote for Durbin and Snowshoe 911 radio repairs.
At 9:00 a.m., the Commissioners will hear from Carol Cain Bush of the U.S. Census Bureau and discuss and consider the creation of a Census Committee.
At 9:15 a.m. they will hear from George Murphy and will discuss and consider taking action on the Snowshoe Resort Community District.
At 10:00 a.m., the Commissioners will consider contribution/funding requests from the following organizations:
- Alex Kinnison of the Pocahontas County Soccer League
- The Pocahontas County High School Football Boosters
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
- Approval of improper charges if any
- Discussion of Commission mail items and concerns
- There will be County Commission Board Updates.
- They will consider appointing Elizabeth Gay to a five-year term on the County Historic Landmarks Commission.
- They will consider approval of in-house budget revision and resolutions for the Circuit clerk’s Office in the amount of $1,000.00; for the Tax Office also for $1,000.00; and one for the Day Report Center for $3,000.00.
- The Commissioners will consider approval of an insurance proposal from the West Virginia Counties Risk Pool for the 2019-2020 fiscal year.
- There will be a report from their Counsel
The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.
To see the agenda for this meeting as published by the Commission, click this link-5-7-19 ActuaL Commission Agenda DOC