Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 8-6-19
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, August 8th, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton.
After normal opening procedures there will be an opportunity for public input at 8:35 a.m.
At 8:45 a.m., the Commissioners will consider the Pocahontas County Chamber of Commerce’s request to use the Former Shoe Factory Building to hold a haunted house event.
At 9:00 a.m., the Commissioners will receive a presentation from Tim Thomas of the Mountain Transit Authority and will discuss and consider action on his request for their commitment to assist them in providing transit bus service to Pocahontas County.
At 10:00 a.m. they will receive funding requests from the following non-profit organizations:
- The Pocahontas County Artisans Coop
- High Rocks
- The Tucker Community Foundation
- The Pocahontas County Prevention Coalition
- And Bryans Battery
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
- Approval of improper charges if any
- Commission mail items and concerns
- A discussion and consideration of taking action on payment options for the purchase of 911 addressing signs and materials
- They will consider appointing Board Members for the Greenbrier Valley Economic Development Corporation.
- They will consider appointment of a member to a five-year term on the Pocahontas County Libraries and Visitor Information Center Board. That nominee was not in this agenda,
- They will consider appointing Steve Tritapoe and Todd Wright to three-year terms on the County Fire Board.
- They will discuss and consider the renewal of their cable TV franchise agreement with Spruce Knob-Seneca Rocks Telephone, Inc.
- They will discuss and consider action on a facility Memorandum with the Family Courts.
- They will consider renewing the special risk accident insurance policy for community Emergency Response Team Volunteers.
- The Commissioners will each give their Commission Board updates.
- There will be a report from their Counsel
- There will be a discussion and possible action on various issues and concerns with the Pocahontas Memorial Hospital and appointments of Hospital Board members to six-year terms.
- They will discuss and consider action on an invoice for legal services for a County employee.
The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.