Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 9-3-19
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, September 3rd, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda.
After normal opening procedures there will be an opportunity for public input at 8:35 a.m.
At 8:45 a.m. the Commissioners will consider County Circuit Court Clerk, Connie Carr’s request to the use the former Magistrate Clerk’s office on the main floor of the courthouse for the scanning of documents and her request to employ Rebecca Clayton as a part-time employee in the Circuit Court’s office for scanning documents.
At 9:00 a.m., the Commissioners hear from Steve White of Grow Appalachia and consider approving his request to use County property located in East Cass as a community garden.
At 9:15 a.m., Mary Beth Barr of the Pocahontas Memorial Hospital will ask the Commissioners to consider the hospital’s request for funding of a hospital morgue.
At 9:45 a.m. the Commissioners will hold a discussion on and consider approval of the Selection Committee’s recommendation to hire a Broadband Study Consultant
At 10:00 a.m. Tabbi Mann of the Sheriff’s Office will deliver the annual update on the Hotel Occupancy Tax.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
- Commission mail items and concerns
- A discussion and consideration of taking action regarding a previous motion to award a contribution to the Marlinton Railroad Depot, Inc.
- They will consider appointing Barbara B. Shaw and Oreana “Rene” White to three-year terms on the Dramas, Fairs and Festivals with both appointments expiring on June 30, 2022
- There will be a report from their Counsel
The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.