Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday August 7th, 2018
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, August 7th, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda:
After normal opening procedures there will be an opportunity for public input at 8:35 a.m.
At 8:45 a.m. the Commissioners will hear from Ken Breezley and will discuss and consider action on his update regarding the trees on the courthouse lawn.
At 9:00 a.m. the Commissioners will hear from Arthur Collins and will discuss and consider the Internet service in the county.
At 9:15 a.m., the Commissioners will hear from 911 Director Mike O’Brien and will discuss and consider action on both a 911 fiber agreement with City Net and a memorandum of understanding with the Pocahontas Communications Cooperative for use of a tower.
At 9:30 a.m. the Commissioners will hear from Daniel Arbogast, Director of the Day Report Center and will consider his request for a vehicle for the Day Report center and Drug Court.
At 9:45 a.m. the Commissioners will receive annual updates from the following:
- Cheryl Jonese of the County Prevention Coalition
- John Simmons of the County Senior Programs and
- Ginger Carr of the American Red Cross
At 10:00 a.m. the Commissioners will hear funding and or contribution requests from the following organizations:
- The Pocahontas County Prevention Coalition
- Kelly Stadelman of the Tucker Community Foundation
- John Simmons of the Senior Programs requesting funding for vehicle repairs, license fees and fuel costs.
- Ginger Carr and Courtney Clark of the American Red Cross
- Joe Smith of the Pocahontas County Historical Society Educational Fund requesting funding for porch repairs.
- Tim Walker of “Bryans Battery” requesting funding assistance for the October Battle of Droop Civil War Reenactment
At 11:00 a.m. the Commissioners will hear from Mike Vance to discuss and consider action on the completion of his contract for the Former Shoe Factory Building.
At 11:05 they will hear from WV State Auditor J.B. McCuskey’s presentation on “Transparency Site.”
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Approval of final settlements and orders.
- Approval of improper charges (if any.)
- Discussion of mail orders and concerns.
- Discussion of and possible action on approval of the Emergency Absentee Voting Policy for the November General Elections.
- Discussion of and possible action on a County Clerk Grant Proposal for the WV Secretary of State’s “Help America Vote Act.”
- Discussion of and possible action on the acceptance of SecuriTech’s estimate for placement of security cameras in the Former Shoe Factory Building.
- Discussion of and possible action on the 911 Mapping and Addressing Ordinance.
- Consideration of the appointments of Janet Ghigo and J.L. Clifton to 6 year terms on the Pocahontas County Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees.
- There will be County Commission Board Updates.
- They will consider a budget revision and resolution which is a correction to the Unencumbered Balance.
- They will receive a report from the Commission’s Counsel, Bob Martin.
The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices. A copy of this Agenda as published by the Commission can be found with this story on our website – alleghenymountainradio.org.