Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday December 18th, 2018
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, December 18th, starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda:
Following the usual opening items, there will be an opportunity for public input at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:45 p.m. the Commissioners will open bids on and consider awarding the 2019 gasoline contract for the Courthouse offices.
At 5:50 p.m., they will hear from Travis Miller of the WV Forestry Division and consider the Division’s request to use a small parcel of land on the Former Shoe Factory property for placement of a portable saw mill.
At 6:00 p.m., Cree Lahti will deliver the Pocahontas County Libraries and Visitor Information Centers annual update.
At 6:15 p.m., Eric Werner will deliver the annual update of the Pocahontas County Arts Council.
At 6:30 p.m., they will hear from 911 Director Mike O’Brien and will discuss and consider action on acquiring a new 911 Computer Aided Dispatch – Phone system and a new Records Management System for the Sheriff’s Department. This item was carried over from the last meeting.
At 6:45 p.m., Sheriff Jeff Barlow will discuss with the Commissioners a possible contract work agreement with US Pipeline, Inc.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
- Approval of improper charges if any.
- There will be a discussion of Commission mail items and concerns
- They will consider the appointment of Donald McNeel to a five-year term on the Pocahontas County Board of Health, which will expire on June 30, 2023.
- They will schedule the 2019 Board of Review and Equalization Hearing Dates.
- They will discuss and consider approval of a Budget Revision and Resolution for the State Grants Records Management Preservation Board in the amount of $9,123.00.
- They will receive a report from the Commission’s Counsel. Bob Martin.
- The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.
A copy of this Agenda as published by the Commission can be found here: 12-18-18 Commission actual Agenda DOC