Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, January 15th, 2019
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, January 15th, starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda:
Following the usual opening items, there will be an opportunity for public input at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:40 p.m. the Commissioners will hear from Elizabeth Friel will discuss her update on the Girl Scout Cemetery Project.
At 5:45 p.m., they will receive an update from Cara Rose on the Pocahontas County Convention and Visitors. Bureau and will hear from and receive a request from Katherine Gillispie that Art in Green Bank be included in the Hotel Occupancy Tax Allotment.
At 6:00 p.m., the Commissioners will consider the 2019 Hotel Occupancy Tax allotment and will receive annual reports and updates from the following Hotel Occupancy Tax recipients:
- BJ Gudmundsson of Preserving Pocahontas
- Jason Bauserman of the Pocahontas County Historic Landmarks Committee
- Lauren Bennett of the Pocahontas County Parks and Recreation
At 6:45 p.m., the Commissioners will hear from Circuit Court Clerk Connie Carr and will discuss and consider her request to hire a Full-Time Deputy Clerk.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
- Approval of improper charges if any.
- There will be a discussion of Commission mail items and concerns
- They will receive a report from the Commission’s Counsel. Bob Martin.
- The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.
A copy of this Agenda as published by the Commission can be found with this story on our website – alleghenymountainradio.org.