Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, July 16th, 2019
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, July 16th, starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda:
At 5:30 pm the Commissioners will approve any Exoneration orders and approve the minutes from the last meeting.
There will be an opportunity for public input at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:45 p.m. the Commissioners will discuss and consider payment options for the 911 addressing signs and materials.
At 6:00 p.m. the Commissioners will discuss and consider the County Chamber of Commerce’s request to use the Former Shoe Factory Building for a Haunted House event.
At 6:15 p.m. they will hear from Mary Beth Barr of the Pocahontas Memorial Hospital and will discuss and consider taking action on Emergency Medical Services Transports from the Pocahontas Center to the Hospital.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
- Approval of improper charges if any.
- There will be a discussion of Commission mail items and concerns
- They will consider entering into a memorandum of understanding with the Family Court regarding Court facilities.
- They will consider a budget revision and resolution for the General Fund’s unencumbered balance for July, 2019.
- They will consider the appointment of members to the Greenbrier Valley Economic Development Corporation’s Board.
- They will consider appointing Linda Simmons to a 3-year term on the Parks and Recreation Board.
- They will consider appointing Jenny Friel to a 5-year term on the County Board of Health.
- They will consider appointing Freda Jackson to a 6-year term on the Pocahontas Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees.
- They will discuss and consider action on the log structure adjacent to the 911 Center.
- They will receive a report from the Commission’s Counsel. Bob Martin.
- The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.
A copy of this agenda as published by the Commission can be found at this link: 7-16-19 Commission Actual Agenda DOC