Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, June 18, 2019
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, June 18th, starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda:
After normal opening procedures, there will be an opportunity for public input at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:45 p.m. the Commissioners will hear from Erwin Berry and Rachel Taylor who wish to discuss Air BNB Taxes with the Commissioners
At 6:00 p.m., the Commissioners will hear from Michael O’Brien and discuss and consider his request to change a part-time 911 Dispatcher to a Full-time 911 Dispatcher.
At 6:15 p.m., James Pennington will discuss with the Commissioners 911 mapping and addressing in the county.
At 6:30 p.m. there will be a discussion of the U.S. Department of Agriculture Loan for Pocahontas Memorial hospital.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
- Approval of improper charges if any.
- There will be a discussion of Commission mail items and concerns
- They will discuss and consider approval of a full-time Administrative Assistant for the Day Report Office.
- The Commissioners will discuss and consider the awarding of a contract for removing the old oil tank and installation of a new oil tank at the Jail Building.
- The Commissioners will consider approving of the County Depositories for the 2029-2020 Fiscal Year.
- They will consider renewing, for next fiscal year, Global Sciences and Technology’s agreement to provide computer services to the County Commission
- The Commissioners will discuss and consider the awarding of an anonymous $5000.00 Grant.
- They will approve in-house budget revisions for the County Prosecutor’s Office; the Extension Office; and for the One Room University.
- They will receive a report from the Commission’s Counsel. Bob Martin.
- The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.
A copy of this Agenda as published by the Commission can be found at this link: 6-18-19 Commission Actual Agenda DOC