Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday June 5th, 2018
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, June 5th, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda:
After normal opening procedures there will be an opportunity for public input at 5:35 a.m.
At 8:45 a.m. the Commissioners will hear from County Assessor Tom Lane and will discuss and consider approval of a part-time Deputy Assessor position.
At 9:00 a.m. the Commissioners will hear from Sheriff Jeff Barlow and Tax Deputy Tabbi Mann and will discuss and consider action on non-compliance with the Hotel Occupancy Tax Collections.
At 9:15 a.m., the Commissioners will receive the monthly update from Daniel Arbogast, Director of the County Day Report Center and will discuss and consider taking action on the transportation of Day Report Center Participants.
At 9:30 a.m. the Commissioners will hear from the Family Refuge Center and consider issuing a Proclamation for Recognition of Elder Abuse Awareness Day –June 15, 2018.
At 10:00 a.m. the Commissioners will hear from Audrey Sampson of Core Environmental and will consider approval of inspection firm services by the Commission for the Atlantic Coast Pipeline Construction.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
- Approval of improper charges if any
- Discussion of mail orders and concerns
- Discussion of and possible action on independent contract agreements for Alicia Tailman and Elaine M. Diller for the One Room University.
- Discussion of and possible action on a Frontier Services Agreement.
- Discussion of and possible action on a franchise agreement with Shentel.
- Discussion of and possible action on a Memorandum of Understanding regarding the Statewide Interoperable Radio Network.
- Discussion of and possible action on the 911 Mapping and Addressing Ordinance.
- They will consider a budget revision and resolution for various year-end general fund revenue and expenditure line items and/or in-house budget revision for the 911 Office.
- They will discuss and consider action on the appointment of the following to Pocahontas County Dramas, Fairs and Festivals: Linda Adams, Debra Gale and Ruth Taylor.
- They will receive a report from the Commission’s Counsel. Bob Martin.
- The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.
A copy of this Agenda as published by the Commission can be found at the following link: 6-5-18 Commission Actual Agenda DOC