Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, May 21st , 2019
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, May 21st , starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda:
After normal opening procedures, there will be an opportunity for public input at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:40 p.m. the Commissioners will hear from student members of SADD, which is the Students Against Destructive Decisions and hear about their program.
At 5:45 p.m., Kim Kershner of the Pocahontas County Magistrate’s Office who will discuss issues with the private restroom in the basement of the Courthouse.
At 6:00 p.m., the Commission and the Region 4 Planning and Development Council will hold a public meeting for the Pocahontas County Re-Connect Grant application and will consider approving the County Broadband Study.
At 6:15 p.m., Tim Thomas will discuss with the Commissioners Mountain Transit Authority Service in the County.
At 6:30 p.m. the Commissioners will discuss with Eric Lindberg and consider sponsoring the Department of Highways Alternative Transportation Grant regarding hiking and biking trails in the Mon National Forest.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
- Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
- Approval of improper charges if any.
- There will be a discussion of Commission mail items and concerns
- They will discuss and consider approval of the West Virginia Counties Risk Pool proposal for insurance coverage for the next fiscal year.
- The commissioners will consider approving of several in-house budget revisions and resolutions.
- They will consider a letter of support for the Re-Connect Broadband Grant.
- They will discuss and consider a potential real estate purchase.
- They will receive a report from the Commission’s Counsel. Bob Martin.
- The Commissioners will end the meeting with approval of invoices.
A copy of this Agenda as published by the Commission can be found below:
POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION
David McLaughlin, President
Jesse A. Groseclose, Commissioner Walt Helmick, Commissioner
900 TENTH AVENUE MARLINTON, WEST VIRGINIA 24954
Telephone: (304)799-6063 Fax: (304)799-3977
May 21, 2019
5:30 pm. Discussion and/or Action – Exoneration Orders; Approval of Minutes.
5:35 pm. Public Input/Hear Callers.
5:40 pm. National Youth Leadership/SADD Students Update on Program.
5:45 pm. Kim Kershner Pocahontas County Magistrate’s Office – Discussion and/or Action-Private Restroom in Basement of Courthouse.
6:00 pm. Region 4 Planning and Development Council – Public Meeting for Pocahontas County Re-Connect Application; Discussion and/or Action – Approval of Contract for Pocahontas County Broadband Study.
6:15 pm. Tim Thomas – Discussion and/or Action-Mountain Transit Authority Service in Pocahontas County.
6:30 pm. Eric Lindberg – Discussion and/or Action – County Commission Sponsorship of Department of Highways Alternative Transportation Grant-Hiking/Biking Trails in Monongahela National Forest.
OTHER AGENDA ITEMS
(The following agenda items have not been assigned a time slot but will be addressed during today’s meeting.)
- Discussion and/or Action – Approve Final Settlements and Orders.
- Approve Improper Charges.
- County Commission Mail Items/Concerns.
- Discussion and/or Action – West Virginia Counties Risk Pool-Acceptance of Insurance Coverage Proposal for 2019-2020.
- Discussion and/or Action – In-House Budget Revision and Resolution for County Commission Office $766.00, County Clerk’s Office for $650.00 and One Room University $500.00.
- Discussion and/or Action – Letter of Support for Re-Connect Broadband Grant Application.
- Discussion and/or Action – Potential Purchase of Real Estate by Pocahontas County Commission.
- Discussion and/or Action – Report from Counsel.
- Approve Invoices.