Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Wednesday, 1-2-19
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Wednesday January 2nd, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton it should be noted that this meeting was previously incorrectly been reported to occur on January 7th because of a misprint in other news media. The following is the agenda for this meeting.
At 8:30 a.m., after normal opening procedures, the Commission will reorganize itself for the new year including the selection of a new President and Commission Board appointments. This will also be the first meeting with newly elected Commissioner Walt Helmick.
At 8:40 a.m. the Commissioners will approve any exoneration orders and approve prior meeting minutes.
There will be an opportunity for public input at 8:45 a.m.
At 9:00 a.m. the Commissioners will receive an update on the Pocahontas County Day Report Center from its Director, Daniel Arbogast
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned a specific time include the following:
Routine items such as approval of final settlements and orders.
Approval of improper charges if any
Discussion of Commission mail items and concerns
The Commissioners will consider the following appointments to the Local emergency Planning Committee Board:
- Wanda Wyatt of Seneca Health Services to a three-year term.
- Mike Holstine of the Green Bank Observatory to a two-year term.
- John Leyzorek, Community Representative, to a two-year term.
- John Rebinski of Cass Volunteer Fire Department to a two-year term.
- Heather Niday of Allegheny Mountain Radio to a two-year term.
- Leisha Cassell of the BFD Volunteer Fire Department to a two-year term.
- Steve Tritapoe of the Frost Volunteer Fire Department to a two-year term.
- And J.P. Duncan of the Marlinton Volunteer Fire Department to a three-year term.
They will receive a report from the Commission’s Counsel. Bob Martin.
The Commissioners will approve invoices prior to adjourning the meeting.
A copy of this Agenda as published by the Commission can be found at the below link.