Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 10-3-17
POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION
William S. Beard, Jr., President
David McLaughlin, Commissioner Jesse A. Groseclose, Commissioner
900 TENTH AVENUE MARLINTON, WEST VIRGINIA 24954
Telephone: (304)799-6063 Fax: (304)799-3977
October 3, 2017
Amended Agenda – Regular Session
8:30 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Exoneration Orders; Approval of Minutes.
8:35 a.m. Public Input/Hear Callers.
8:45 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Fire Board Appointment of Three Citizen Members (One Member From Each Magisterial District) for One Year Term, Two Year Term and Three Year Term, Respectively (West Virginia Code 7-17-6).
9:00 a.m. Pocahontas County Security Surveillance System – Discussion and/or Action-Opening and Awarding Bid for Security System, etc.
9:30 a.m. Mike O’Brien Pocahontas County Emergency Services Director – Discussion and/or Action-Approval to Transfer of 911 Employee to Part-Time 911 Dispatcher/Part-Time Emergency Services Deputy Director; Discussion and/or Action-Approval of Homeland Security Radio Upgrade Grant Application.
9:45 a.m. Tom Lane Pocahontas County Assessor – Discussion and/or Action-Approval of Full-Time Deputy Assessor.
11:00 a.m. Pocahontas County Sheriff Jeff Barlow, et al. – Discussion and/or Action- County Hotel/Motel Policy.
12:00 p.m. Lunch Break.
OTHER AGENDA ITEMS
(The Following Agenda Items Will Be Discussed During Meeting But Have Not een Allotted a Time)
- Approve Final Settlements and Orders.
- Approve Improper Charges.
- County Commission Mail Items/Concerns.
- Andrea O’Brien – Discussion and/or Action-Permission to use Parking Lots at Former Shoe Factory Building for “Trunk or Treat” on October 31, 2017 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Emergency Medical Services Authority Appointment of Jason Scotchie to unexpired Term of Greg Taylor June 30, 2019.
- Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Local Emergency Planning Committee-Appointment of Jaynell Graham and Randy Wilfong II – Each for Two (2) Year Term Expiring June 30, 2019 and Appointment of Mike O’Brien, Sam Felton and Kenny Lehman – Each for Three (3) Year Term Expiring September 30, 2020.
- Discussion and/or Action – Report from Counsel.
- Mike O’Brien Pocahontas County 911 Director – Discussion and/or Action-Personnel Matter ****
- Approve Invoices.
**** Agenda Amended on Friday, September 29, 2017, at 9:35 a.m. to Add Agenda Item No. 8.