Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 11-7-17
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, October 3rd, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda:
POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION
William S. Beard, Jr., President; David McLaughlin, Commissioner, Jesse A. Groseclose, Commissioner
900 TENTH AVENUE MARLINTON, WEST VIRGINIA 24954
Telephone: (304)799-6063 Fax: (304)799-3977
November 7, 2017
Regular Session – Corrected
8:30 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Exoneration Orders; Approval of Minutes.
8:35 a.m. Public Input/Hear Callers.
8:45 a.m. Retired Senior Volunteer Program – Discussion-Update on Program.
9:00 a.m. Region 4 Planning and Development Council – Discussion and/or Action-Public Meeting Small Cities Block Grant for Regional Broadband Application and Approval of Resolution; Discussion and/or Action – Broadband Initiative for Southern West Virginia Letter of Support.
9:15 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Appointment of Committee Regarding the Pocahontas County Comprehensive Towing Ordinance and Emergency Rotational Towing Ordinance. ****
9:30 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Presentation of Pocahontas County Floodplain Permit Fees. ****
9:45 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Public Service District – Appointment of Board Member for Unexpired Six Year Term ending on June 30, 2022.
10:00 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Contribution/Funding Requests Various Individuals, Groups and Organizations.
- Family Refuge Center – Request for Contribution.
- Mountain Resource Conservation & Development Area, Inc. – Request for Contribution.
- Katherine Thompson Child and Youth Advocacy – Request for Contribution.
10:45 a.m. Pocahontas County Assessor Tom Lane – Discussion and/or Action-Approval of Full-Time GIS Mapper/Deputy Assessor.
11:00 a.m. Pocahontas County Sheriff Jeff Barlow – Discussion and/or Action-Order Establishing County Hotel Occupancy Tax Rules and Regulations.
11:30 a.m. Discussion and/or Action-Personnel Matter Pocahontas County Day Report Center.
12:00 p.m. Lunch Break.
OTHER AGENDA ITEMS
(The Following Agenda Items Will Be Discussed During Meeting But Have Not Been Allotted a Time)
- Approve Final Settlements and Orders.
- Approve Improper Charges.
- County Commission Mail Items/Concerns.
- Discussion and/or Action – Approval of Addendum IV between the Pocahontas County Commission and the West Virginia Division of Forestry for use of Space in Former Shoe Factory Building for Period of February 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019.
- Discussion and/or Action – Approval of Agreement with SecuriTech LLC for Installation of Surveillance System in Pocahontas County Courthouse and Family Court Offices.
- Discussion and/or Action – Resolution Designating Greenbrier Valley Economic Development Corporation as Lead Economic Development Organization for Pocahontas County 2017-2018.
- Discussion and/or Action – Approval of Holiday Leave Policy for Pocahontas County 911 Center.
- Discussion and/or Action – West Virginia State Auditor Letter of Understanding of Services to be Provided.
- Discussion and/or Action – Agreement for Hay at East Fork Industrial Park.
- Discussion and/or Action – Approval of 2016-2017 Amended Financial Statement.
- Discussion and/or Action – Report from Counsel.
- Discussion and/or Action – County Commission Board Updates.
- Approve Invoices.
**** Agenda Corrected on Thursday, November 2,2017, at 3:30 p.m.to correct agenda items set at 9:15 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.