Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 2-6-18
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, February 6th, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton with the below agenda:
POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION
William S. Beard, Jr., President
David McLaughlin, Commissioner Jesse A. Groseclose, Commissioner
900 TENTH AVENUE MARLINTON, WEST VIRGINIA 24954
Telephone: (304)799-6063 Fax: (304)799-3977
February 6, 2018
8:30 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Exoneration Orders; Approval of Minutes.
8:35 a.m. Public Input/Hear Callers.
8:45 a.m. Elaine Diller and Alicia Sewell One Room University – Discussion and/or Action-1099 v W2 Payment of Wages.
9:00 a.m. Denise Campbell and Mike Cozad Atlantic Coast Pipeline (ACP) – Discussion and/or Action-ACP Update.
(Scheduled one-half hour)
9:30 a.m. Betty Hill – Discussion and/or Action-Cell Service for Pocahontas County.
9:45 a.m. Steve Rawlings West Virginia Counties Risk Pool – Discussion and/or Action-Update on Insurance.
10:00 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Contribution/Funding Requests Various Individuals, Groups and Organizations.
- High Rocks – Request for Contribution.
- Don Jennings Town of Durbin – Request for Funding for Durbin Town Building Repairs.
- Heather Niday Allegheny Mountain Radio – Request for Contribution.
- Trish McNaull Humane Society of Pocahontas County – Request for Match for Grant Funding.
10:45 a.m. Cara Rose Pocahontas County Convention & Visitors Bureau – Discussion and/or Action-Update on Convention & Visitors Bureau.
11:00 a.m. Board of Review and Equalization Hearing.
12:00 p.m. Lunch Break.
OTHER AGENDA ITEMS
(The Following Agenda Items Will Be Discussed During Meeting But Have Not Been Allotted a Time)
- Approve Final Settlements and Orders.
- Approve Improper Charges.
- County Commission Mail Items/Concerns.
- Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Clerk-Adoption of Emergency Absentee Voting Procedures Policy for Pocahontas County Primary Election on May 8, 2018; Approval for County Clerk to Notify County Executive Committees of Poll Workers for Primary Election on May 8, 2018, West Virginia Code, 3-1-29(b).
- Discussion and/or Action – Proclamation Recognizing Pocahontas County as a Purple Heart County.
- Discussion and/or Action – Approval of Pocahontas County Fire Association Standards of Operation.
- Discussion and/or Action – Shenandoah Cable Television LLC (Shentel) Renewal of Cable Franchise.
- Discussion and/or Action – First Reading of Amended Pocahontas County Towing Ordinance.
- Discussion and/or Action – Memorandum of Agreement Trout Unlimited, West Virginia Rivers Coalition, Pocahontas County Water Resources and West Virginia Highlands Conservancy.
- Discussion and/or Action – Budget Revision and Resolution Contributions $5,000.00 and In-House Budget Revision and Resolution Water Task Force $1,000.00.
- Lauren Bennett Pocahontas County Parks and Recreation – Request for Change in Distribution of Hotel Occupancy Tax.
- Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County 911 Advisory Board-Appointment of Randy Wilfong as Pocahontas County Fire Board Representative Three Year Term Expiring June 30, 2020.
- Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Commission Annual Audit.
- Discussion and/or Action – County Commission Board Updates.
- Discussion and/or Action – Report from Counsel.
- Approve Invoices.