Bath School Board Actions From September Meeting
The Bath School Board met on Thursday, September 16th for a closed meeting at 6:15pm, followed by a regular meeting at 7pm. The board took the following actions:
They authorized the Superintendent to contact legal counsel to file suit in Circuit Court in Bath County in reference to overbilling by the Warm Springs Sanitation Commission.
They approved the policies for AD – Educational Philosophy and GAA – Staff time schedules.
They approved a Memorandum of Understanding between the Bath County Sheriff’s Office and the BCPS regarding School Resource Officers as presented.
They approved an overnight field trip for the golf team to travel to the Region C Golf Tournament at Olde Mill Golf Resort in Lauren Fork, VA on Wednesday, September 29 and Thursday, September 30th.
They authorized the Superintendent to make necessary changes to the BCHS Baseball Field Project to keep the project moving.
They approved the consent agenda including the August 13th regular meeting minutes, August 12th special closed meeting, the July 2021 claims, attendance, maintenance and transportation reports.
And they took the following personnel actions:
- Rusty Bragg, Varsity Assistant Football Coach
- Acknowledged Appointments
- Natalie Loan, MES Food Service
- Karla Augusta Young, BCHS Instructional Aide
- Maronica Robertson, VES Food Service – Long-term Substitute
- Maternity Leave Request
- Amanda Long, BCHS Teacher
- Coaching & Academic Supplements
- Football Coach (1/2 split position – Jason Waller)
- Academic Bowl Coach – Ryan Borden
- E-Sports Coach – Ryan Borden
- CTE Coordinator – Jane McMullen
- Department Heads
- English/Foreign Language – Jeanie Rooklin
- Math – Michelle Eldridge
- History – Adam Fry
- Science – Kayala Jordan
- PE/Fine Arts – Melinda Hooker
- Special Education – April Miller
- SCA – Adam Frye
- Yearbook – Sandy Denius-Pichette
- School Test Coordinator (STC) – Split Position
- Caroline McKean and Jane McMullen
- Head Teacher, MES – Jan Lee
- Head Teacher, VES – Marjorie Hevener
- SCA, MES – Brandon Entsminger
- SCA, VES – Kristy Humphreys
- Gifted Coordinator, MES – Mary Cox
- Gifted Coordinator, VES – Shannan Waldeck
- Approved Substitute Staff
- Substitute Bus Driver – Billy Grimm
- Substitute Teachers – Melanie Farnsworth, Sandy Anderson, Christian Bunch
- Substitute Food Service – Melanie Farnsworth
My thanks to the Bath County School Board and Danny Cardwell for this information.