December 20th Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, December 20th at the Commission’s office in the Courthouse in Marlinton, with the following agenda. After routine opening procedures, the commissioners will hear public comments at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:40 pm, The commissioners will open and award the winning bid for gasoline for the county offices for 2023.
At 5:45 they will hear from Prosecuting Attorney Terri Helmick regarding the following two items:
- Approval of a full-time Assistant Prosecuting Attorney.
- The lease agreement with the Saddle Club.
At 6:00 the commissioners will discuss and possibly take action on the maintenance of the county’s East Cass property.
At 6:15 the commissioners will receive the annual update from the Historic Landmarks Commission and consider appointing Brad Hertko to the Landmarks Commission to fill an unexpired term.
At 6:30 they will receive the annual update from Preserving Pocahontas.
At 6:45 they will discuss the Hotel Occupancy Tax distribution.
At 7:15 they will consider approval of the ARC Grant Application for the PMH Expansion Project.
They will also take up the following items which are not assigned a time on this agenda:
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- They will consider approving the O & M Agreement with CityNet regarding the ARC Broadband Grant Project.
- They will discuss the EMS Services in the county
- They will discuss and consider taking action on the East Fork Tannery sewer hookup.
- Attorney Stephen Skinner will update the commissioners regarding the Opioid Litigation Settlement if there are any new developments regarding that settlement.
Finally, the commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.
The meeting will also be available on Zoom Meeting. The instructions to join the zoom meeting can be found below.
To join the Zoom Meeting, go to: https://us06web.zoom.us/J/8181361801