December 6th Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, December 6th at the Commission Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton, with the following agenda:
After routine opening procedures, at 8:35 am, the commissioners will provide an opportunity for public comments.
At 8:45 am, the commissioners will hear from 911 Director Mike O’Brien, who will ask for approval to hire a full-time dispatcher.
At 9:00 the commissioners will receive the annual update from the Pocahontas County Art Council.
At 9:30, Region 4’s Amanda Smarr will present two requests to the commissioners:
- Their approval for a financial drawdown from the Appalachian Regional Commission’s (ARC) Broadband Grant
- Their approval of the the Broadband Operations & Maintenance Agreement between the commission and CityNet for the ARC Broadband Project.
At 10:00, Becky Hammer from Pocahontas Memorial Hospital (PMH) will ask for commission’s support for the hospital’s ARC Grant.
At 10:30 they will receive the Annual Update regarding the Pocahontas County Libraries and Visitor Information Centers from Cree Lahti.
At 11:00, they will hear from Russell Holt about the water line extension proposal by the CDC from the Pocahontas County PSD.
The commissioners will also take up the following items which do not have specific times assigned to them.
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- They will discuss and consider taking action on EMS Services in the county
- They will discuss and consider taking action on power issues in the southern part of the county.
- They will discuss the maintenance of their East Cass property and consider writing a letter to David Cain about that.
- They will discuss their East Fork Tannery sewer hookup.
- Attorney Stephen Skinner will update the commissioners regarding the Opioid Litigation Settlement. This is a standing agenda item, and will only be handled if there are any new developments regarding that settlement.
Finally, the commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.