February 21st Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 21st at the Commission’s office in the Courthouse in Marlinton, with the following agenda.
After opening procedures, a t 5:40 pm, The commissioners hear public comments
At 5:45, the Pocahontas County Bicentennial Commission will present framed proclamations and Lauren Bennett will present bicentennial quilts.
At 6:00, there will be a discussion about space at the ARC/Hanover Shoe Building by Jim Weese and by Emily McLaughlin.
At 6:15 Region 4’s Amanda Smarr will request Draw #5 from the ARC Broadband Project.
At 6:30 Cassandre Lawson also from Region 4, will discuss the Community Development Block Grant evidentiary materials for the former Board of Education building Demolition Project.
At 6:45 Mike Hysell of STI Networks will discuss the Mitel MI Voice Business Telephone System upgrade.
At 7:00. The commissioners will consider the annual letter of commitment to the MTA.
They will also take up the following items which are not assigned a time on this agenda:
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- Scheduling of the 2023 budget work sessions.
- They will consider Day Report Board appointments of Scott McGee as a Substance Abuse Representative and Michelle Wilfong as a Member at Large.
- Commissioner Rabinski will further discuss the County EMS Ambulance Services in the county.
- They will consider opening a checking account for the Opioid Settlement funds.
- They will again take up the Hotel Occupancy Tax distributions.
- They may possibly discuss and consider taking action on the East Fork Tannery sewer hookup if there have been any new developments in that project.
- Attorney Stephen Skinner will update the commissioners regarding the Opioid Litigation Settlement.
Finally, the commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.
The meeting will also be available on Zoom Meeting. The instructions to join the zoom meeting can be found below.
To join the Zoom Meeting, go to: https://us06web.zoom.us/J/8181361801