February 7th Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, February 7th at their office in the Courthouse in Marlinton.
At 8:30 a.m., they will approve any Exoneration Orders and approve the minutes of the last meeting.
At 8:35 there will be an opportunity for public comments to the commissioners.
At 8:45 the commissioners hear from Amanda Smarr of Region 4, and consider her request for draw request #7 from the Broadband Study Grant.
At 9:00 they will consider appointing Kristen Beverage and David Moore to the Dramas, Fairs and Festivals Board.
At 10:00 there will be a Board of Review & Equalization hearing.
At 10:15, the commissioners will consider contribution/funding requests from:
- The Child & Youth Advocacy
- The Northern Pocahontas County Community Assistance
- And the Pocahontas County Opera House.
The commissioners will also take up the following items which do not have specific times assigned to them.
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- Commissioner Jamie Walker will lead a discussion about setting priorities for future commission projects – namely: the Courthouse Annex; the new 911 Center; the PMH Water/Sewer project; and the EMS Ambulance Project.
- They will discuss and consider taking action on the East Fork Tannery sewer hookup.
- Attorney Stephen Skinner will update the commissioners regarding the Opioid Litigation Settlement, if there are any updates on that settlement.
Next, the commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the regular meeting.
Following the regular session, the commissioners will hold a work session to discuss and possibly take action on the commission’s proposal for the distribution of the Hotel Occupancy Tax for 2023.