July 7th Pocahontas County Commission Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, July 7th at their office in the Marlinton Courthouse. This regular meeting is being held on a Friday because of the July 4th holiday.
Following their routine opening procedures, at 8:30 a.m., the county commissioners will approve any Exoneration Orders and approve the minutes of the last meeting.
At 8:35 there will be an opportunity for public comments to the commissioners.
At 8:40 the commissioners will update and consider action on the EPA Brownfields grant. .
At 9:00 they will take up the procedure for fee collection at the Handley campground.
At 9:15 they will consider appointing Jason Bauserman to a five-year term on the Historic Landmarks Commission.
At 9:30 the commissioners will discuss and consider a Second Amendment Sanctuary Ordinance.
At 9:45 Commission President Walt Helmick will discuss the annual savings the commission has saved the county through their annual budget; the Ambulance & Ambulance Authority; the Animal Shelter, and the Humane Society.
The commissioners will also take up and consider action on the following items which do not have specific times assigned to them.
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- The unprogressed estates per WV Code 44-2-19a.
- A budget revision and resolution regarding the 2023-2024 Coal Severance Unencumbered Balance.
- An update to the Contribution Requests Policy.
- An update from the Greenbrier Conservation District regarding an embankment issue at the East Fork Tannery.
- Any updates regarding the East Fork Tannery sewer hookup.
- Any updates that Attorney Stephen Skinner may provide regarding the Opioid Litigation Settlement.
- The commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.