June 27th Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet twice on Tuesday, June 27th at the Commission’s
Office in the Pocahontas County Courthouse.
The first meeting will be a special meeting beginning at 3:30 pm to discuss the Courthouse Annex and space requirements of Courthouse Offices.
The regular meeting will begin at 5:30 pm with the following agenda.
After opening procedures, at 5:35 pm, The commissioners hear public comments
At 5:45, The commissioners will consider the Day Report Director’s request that the commissioners approve a Memorandum of Understanding for Adult Drug Court and a contract with MindEase Solutions
At 6:00, County Prosecutor will request the commissioners approve a full-time employment of an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, and approve a modification to th eir budget.
At 6:15, the commissioners will consider the following board appointments:
- Ira Turner to a 5-year term on the Building Commission.
- A Law Enforcement appointment to a 4-year term on the Civil Service Commission.
- Josh Hardy to a 3-year term on the Libraries and Visitor Information Board.
- Donald McNeel to a 5-year term on the Board of Health.
- An Appointment to the Hospital Board.
- Sam Gibson and Roger Trusler to 3-year terms on the Parks and Recreation Board.
- And Melissa Price to a 3-year term on the Criminal Justice Board.
At 6:30, The commissioners will consider the annual renewal of the support contract with Global Science Technologies for maintaining the courthouse IT services.
They will also discuss and/or consider action on the following
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- The designation of the county depositories for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Commissioner Rebinski will discuss advertising for core drilling at the new 911 site.
- They will discuss the East Fork Tannery sewer hookup if there have been any new developments in that project.
- Appointment of a representative for the Region 6 opioid Fund
- Attorney Stephen Skinner will update the commissioners regarding the Opioid Litigation Settlement.
- The appointment of Robert P. Martin as a county Fiduciary Commissioner.
- Employment of a full-time Deputy Clerk and personnel in the County Clerk’s Office.
Finally, the commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.
The meeting will also be available on Zoom Meeting. The instructions to join the zoom meeting can be found below.
To join the Zoom Meeting, go to: https://us06web.zoom.us/J/8181361801