June 6th Pocahontas County Commission Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 6th at their office in the Marlinton Courthouse.
Following their routine opening procedures, at 8:30 a.m., the county commissioners will approve any Exoneration Orders and approve the minutes of the last meeting.
At 8:35 there will be an opportunity for public comments to the commissioners.
At 8:45 the commissioners will reschedule both their June 20th and their July 4th meetings due to holidays falling on those dates. They will also schedule a special commission meeting for the purpose of closing out their fiscal year finances and payments, since the current fiscal year ends on July 1.
At 9:00 Sam Felton, the Mayor of Marlinton will ask the commissioners to provide a letter of support for the town’s application to the WV Department of Highways for a grant to fund their sidewalk project.
At 9:15 they discuss and consider taking action on the Health Department’s General Sanitation Rule for Short Term Rentals.
At 9:30 the commissioners will discuss with 911 Director Mike O’Brien server and management of services and will consider an MOU between the county Emergency Management and Cass State Park regarding camera installation.
At 10:00 they will consider the request of Cara Rose on behalf of the CVB for a letter of support for the county Housing Task Force to apply to become a Build WV District.
The commissioners will also take up the following items which do not have specific times assigned to them.
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- They will approve fiscal year ending budget revisions, resolutions and expenditures.
- The commissioners will consider Commissioner Rebinski’s budget revision proposal for 2023-2024 contribution requests.
- Commissioner Rebinski will discuss the Pocahontas County EMS Ambulance, and will ask the commission to approve a MOU with WYK Associates regarding the EMS/911 Building Project.
- They will consider a lease renewal with the WV Department of Transportation for a Solid Waste Transfer Station at Green Bank.
- They will discuss possible action on the East Fork Tannery sewer hookup.
- Attorney Stephen Skinner will update the commissioners regarding the Opioid Litigation Settlement, if there are any updates on that settlement.
- The commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.