Looking for a New Direction to Your Life?
If you are looking for a new direction in your life, whether you regularly go to church or not and whether you are a believer or a skeptic, you may want to attend a three day event at the Opera House in Marlinton titled “A New Direction, With Our Wonderful God.” This Christian and Scripture based event is organized by J.L. Clifton and will be held from 7:00 pm to 8 pm each evening – Tuesday, September 26th, Wednesday September 27th and Thursday September 28th. Each evening will feature a local Pastor and live music.
- On Tuesday the 26th, Pastor Shawn Clark of the Mountain View Assembly of God in Edray will talk about GOD’S LOVE. Music will be by David Moore.
- On Wednesday the 27th, Pastor Caleb Barkley of the Grace Baptist Church in Marlinton will talk about MAN’S CHOICE. Music will be by the PCHS Choir.
- On Thursday, the 28th Lay Pastor Sam Felton who is also the Mayor of Marlinton, will discuss GOD’S PLAN FOR US. Music will be by Dustin Lambert and there will be refreshments Thursday’s event.
We will now hear from each of these speakers.
- “I am Pastor Shawn Clark, and growing up, my family did not know God” said Pastor Clark. “I was a troubled youth; at sixteen I was in trouble, hanging out with the wrong crowd, doing things I shouldn’t have been doing. Sadly, my life was being set up for a life of pain and difficulty, but then as a man, I found the love of God and my life was forever changed for the good. Come on to a New Direction with our wonderful God and I’ll share some of what God has done in my life and far more of what He has available for you. God is not waiting to smite us, but rather he loves us so very much that he wants to help us right here, right now, right where we live. Friends, God loves you! Come on and hear of God’s amazing love and the help he offers for all our lives.”
- “My name is Caleb Barkley and I’m the Pastor of the Grace Baptist Church” said Pastor Barkley. “We’re going to have an event, A New direction with our Wonderful Lord. I am going to be speaking about the Free Will of Man. We want to introduce you to the love of God, but we also want to let you know you have a choice. God has made his choice; he’s going to love us and he’s given us the gift of his Son. But with that, we have a responsibility to God – to make our choice. And that’s what I will be talking about, out responsibility and our choice.”
- “Hello, my name is Sam Felton, and I have been a Lay Person in the county since 1981” said Felton. “Everyone has a story to tell, but until our life story includes Christ, we may have left out the most important part. I want to invite each of you to come to a special event at the Opera House in Marlinton. Come join us and find a new direction with our wonderful God.”
So, again, you may want to consider spending one hour, from 7 pm to 8 pm at the “New Direction with our Wonderful God” event at the Opera House on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday – September 26, 27 and 28 – to reinforce your beliefs or perhaps open yourself up to information that could provide you with a New Direction in your life.