May 16th Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 16th at the Commission’s office in the Courthouse in Marlinton, with the following agenda.
After opening procedures, at 5:35 pm, The commissioners hear public comments
At 5:45, The commissioners will Open the received bids and award a proposal for site clearing behind PMH.
At 6:00, Amanda Smarr of Region 4 will ask the commissioners to approve the Pole Attachment Agreement with Mon Power for the ARC Broadband Project.
At 6:15, the commissioners will consider selecting the STI Connect Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) telephone service to replace Frontier service.
At 6:30, Michael O’Brien, the county Emergency Management Director will ask the commissioners to sponsor the Community Emergency Response Team.
At 6:45, the commissioners will consider a hay removal lease at the East Fork Industrial Park.
Also scheduled for 6:45, the commissioners will consider approval of an agreement with the Records Management & Preservation Board
They will also discuss and/or consider action on the following
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- Approval of a $1938.00 budget revision by the 911 Center.
- Commissioner Rabinski will discuss the status of the County EMS Ambulance Service, and will ask for the approval to change the employment statis for Sheila Varner and Keith Boehmer, and request to hire Holy Arbogast as a part-time EMT/Driver.
- They will consider approving of the 2023-2024 WVCORP proposal.
- They will discuss the East Fork Tannery sewer hookup if there have been any new developments in that project.
- Attorney Stephen Skinner will update the commissioners regarding the Opioid Litigation Settlement.
Finally, the commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.
The meeting will also be available on Zoom Meeting. The instructions to join the zoom meeting can be found below.
To join the Zoom Meeting, go to: https://us06web.zoom.us/J/8181361801