November 1st Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, November 1st in the second floor Circuit Courtroom, rather than in their office due to early voting occurring in the Commission Office, with the following agenda:
After routine opening procedures, the commissioners will conduct a public meeting and notice regarding the EPA Brownfields cleanup grant application and a letter supporting the demolishing of the buildings at the East Fork Tannery after the asbestos is removed from them.
At 8:40 am, there will be an opportunity for public comments to the commissioners.
At 8:45 am, the commissioners will hear from Ruthana Beezley, Director of the Greenbrier Valley Economic Development Corporation (GVEDC) will request the commissioners for a resolution and invoice for the annual assessment of the WV Community and Development LED. Beezley will also discuss the Pace Analytical testing and Department of Environmental Protection permits for East Fork.
At 8:55 Region 4’s Amanda Smarr will present a draft O & M Agreement for the ARC Broadband Project.
At 9:00 they will open and award the bids for the partial reconstruction of the Old County Clerk’s Office in Huntersville.
At 9:15 they will consider the transfer of the county properties in Cass to the State of WV.
At 9:30 there will be an update on the PMH water-sewer project.
At 9:45, they will consider approval of Resolution number 2 for the PMH HVAC roof replacement project.
At 10:00 they will consider the Humane Society of Pocahontas County’s request for a $5000 contribution for their Spay & Neuter Project.
At 10:30 they will consider the St, Joseph’s Recovery Center’s request to set up a mobile substance abuse unit at the ARC Building to serve the Marlinton area.
At 10:45 Dave Sharp of Potesta will deliver an update on the PMH water/sewer project.
At 11:00 Nancy Dotson of WV Caring Hospice Care will request a proclamation and recognition for National Hospice Month.
The commissioners will also take up the following items which do not have specific times assigned to them.
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.They will discuss and consider 911 Director Mike O’Brien’s request to authorize an application for the Tower Assistance Grant.
- They will discuss and consider approving a letter to Senator Manchin regarding support for Broadband.
- They will consider budget revision and resolution number 2 for LATCF Funds and for an insurance refund.
- They will consider the following appointments to the county’s Local Emergency Planning Committee:
- Gail Siers -Town of Hillsboro
- Heather Niday -AMR
- Leisha Cassell -BFD
- John Leyzorek -Community Representative
- Cindy Wilfong -Health Department
- Jason Scotchie -PMH
- Preston Cline -Snowshoe Mountain Resort
- They will discuss and consider taking action on the East Fork Tannery sewer hookup.
- Attorney Stephen Skinner will update the commissioners regarding the Opioid Litigation Settlement. This is a standing agenda item, and will only be handled if there are any new developments regarding that settlement.
Finally, the commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.