November 7, 2023 Pocahontas County Commission Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 at their office in the Marlinton Courthouse.
At 8:30 a.m., the commissioners will approve any Exoneration Orders and approve the minutes of the last meeting.
At 8:35 a.m., there will be an opportunity for public comments to the commissioners.
At 8:45 the commissioners will open and award the bids for the Pocahontas County 911 vehicle.
At 9:00 the commissioners will open and award the bids for an ambulance.
At 9:15 they will discuss consider taking action on the Water Project at Beard Heights.
At 9:45 the commissioners will open and award the bids for the X-Ray inspection system and the walk-through metal detector for the courthouse, and the SecuriTech service agreement
At 10:00 the commissioners will consider contribution requests from the Pearl S. Buck Foundation and from the Humane Society.
At 10:15, the commissioners will open and award the bids for the courthouse and jail heating oil.
At 10:30 they will hear from Richard Whiting about space in the ARC/former Hanover shoe Building.
At 10:45 they will consider a request from Donna Ward of Region 4 for funding request #4 for the PMH HVAC/Roof Project.
At 11:00 they will hear from Cassandra Lawson of Region 4 who will ask them to approve the environmental report; for a release of funds; and for a notice of intent to bid, all regarding the old BOE Building demolition project.
At 11:15 they will consider a notice of intent to bid regarding the EPA Brownsfield Cleanup Grant.
At 11:30 Circuit Court Clerk Connie Carr will discuss their internet Domain being acquired by a third party.
The commissioners will also take up and consider action on the following items which do not have specific times assigned to them.
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- The commissioners will consider a resolution in support of Circuit Clerk’s application for a Records Management and Preservation Grant Application.
- The commissioners will consider the County Clerk’s request to hire a full-time employee.
- There will be a discussion about the maintenance of the courthouse.
- They will consider several budget revisions
- They will consider action on any updates regarding the East Fork Tannery Sewer hook-up project as well as the approval of an easement there.
- They will receive any updates that Attorney Stephen Skinner may provide regarding the Opioid Litigation Settlement.
The commissioners will then approve invoices after which they will adjourn the meeting.