October 17th Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet on Tuesday, October 17th at 5:30 pm in the Commission Office in the Pocahontas County Courthouse, with the following agenda.
After opening procedures, at 5:35 pm, The commissioners hear public comments
At 5:45, the commissioners will consider the contract for, and the awarding the bid for the PMH HVAC/Roof Replacement Project.
At 6:00, The commissioners will consider Amanda Smarr request for Draw request number 7 from the Broadband Grant Project.
At 6:15, the commissioners will discuss and consider a request from Richard Whiting to allow the Pocahontas County CTY Marksmanship Program to use space in the county-owned former ARC/Hanover Shoe Building for an air-rifle/archery indoor range.
At 6:30, the commission will discuss Courthouse Security. The Sheriff will likely ask this discussion be held in closed Executive Session.
They will also discuss and/or consider action on the following
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- The commissioners will consider the September publication of the Delinquent List.
- They will hear from John Norman who will ask them to provide a letter of support for First energy’s Investment Infrastructure Jobs Grant Application.
- The commissioners will consider approving hiring Brenda Jackson as a part-time driver for the Pocahontas County Ambulance authority at a pay rate of $13.00 per hour.
- They will discuss and consider allowing the planting of trees on the County properties in Cass.
- Mark Smith will brief the commissioners on the PSD’s Headworks Project, and will ask them for financial support for that project.
- They will discuss the East Fork Tannery sewer hookup if there have been any new developments in that project.
- Attorney Stephen Skinner will inform the commissioners of any updates to the Opioid Litigation Settlement.
Finally, the commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.
The meeting will also be available on Zoom Meeting. The instructions to join the zoom meeting can be found below.
To join the Zoom Meeting, go to: https://us06web.zoom.us/J/8181361801