October 3, 2023 Pocahontas County Commission Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at their office in the Marlinton Courthouse.
At 8:30 a.m., the commissioners will approve any Exoneration Orders and approve the minutes of the last meeting.
At 8:35 a.m., there will be an opportunity for public comments to the commissioners.
At 8:40 the commissioners will hear from Joe Clendenen and discuss and consider Courthouse Security.
At 9:15 they will consider the following board appointments to the Pocahontas County LEPC.
- Sam Felton to a three-year term.
- Michael O’Brien to a three-year term.
- Jaynell Graham to a two-year term.
- Christine Plumley to a two-year term.
- John Osborne to a three-year term.
- Travis Cook to a two-year term.
At 10:00 the commissioners will the options for the Pocahontas County Jail, including Restoration, Renovation or demolition, with Susan Pierce, the WV Deputy State historic Preservation Officer and with Architect Bryson VanNostrand.
At 10:30 they will hear from Richard Whiting about space in the ARC/former Hanover shoe Building.
At 11:00 they will take a lunch break, then reconvene at 12:00 noon to hold an Incident Command System Overview class for senior county officials.
The commissioners will also take up and consider action on the following items which do not have specific times assigned to them.
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- The commissioners will consider approving the county financial statement for the 2022-2023 fiscal year.
- The commissioners will discuss and consider a General County budget Revision of $15,000 for the ambulance authority.
- They will consider action on any updates regarding the East Fork Tannery Sewer hook-up project.
- They will receive any updates that Attorney Stephen Skinner may provide regarding the Opioid Litigation Settlement.
The commissioners will then approve invoices after which they will adjourn the meeting.