October 4th Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet in regular session at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, October 4th at the Commission’s office in the Courthouse in Marlinton, with the following agenda.
At 8:35 a.m. the commissioners will hear public comments.
At 8:45 The commission will discuss and consider administratively closing of estates that have had no response or have not progressed.
At 9:00, the commissioners will consider removing a Representative from and appointing a Curator to the Lanty F. McNeel Estate.
At 9:15, they will discuss and consider the opening of bids for the partial reconstruction of the Old County Clerk’s Office in Huntersville.
At 9:30, the commissioners will hear from Donna Ward of Region 4, who will request them to approve a resolution to pay invoices for the PMH Roof/HVAC Project.
At 9:45. The commission will provide an update on the PMH water/sewer project.
At 10:00, Mike O’Brien, the 911 Director, will ask the commission to approve the following three things:
- The purchase of a lot on Droop Mountain which will be used as a 911 Communication site.
- The hiring of a Part-time 911 dispatcher
- And the approval of an MOU with the Green Bank Observatory concerning 911 radio usage.
At 10:30, they will discuss with Harvey Galford and consider action on the appeal of a denial of a Homestead Property Tax Exemption.
The commissioners will also discuss and consider action on the following items which do not have a specific time assigned to them
- Approval of final settlements and orders
- Mail items and concerns.
- A discussion of the East Fork Tannery sewer hook-up.
- The relocation of the November 1st County Commission Meeting within the courthouse or rescheduling it due to a conflict of space with early voting,
- They will discuss with Attorney Steven Skinner any new developments on the Opioid Litigation Settlement.
The meeting will end following approval of invoices
To join the Zoom Meeting, go to: https://zoom.us/j/8181361801