Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda for the April 25th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold their next regular meeting at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 25th in the Board Conference Room in their office in Buckeye with the following agenda:
After normal opening procedures, the board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and his special recognitions. The special recognitions will include a list of The Pocahontas County Schools’ winners of the Regional Social Studies Fair and the State Social studies Fair, as well as the winners of the county Battle of the Books.
Haley Spencer, the Student Representative to the board will deliver her report.
Lynne Bostic and Devan Gum, will deliver an update on the Grow your Own Virtual Instruction.
The board will next consider consent approval of routine financial matters.
Regarding Miscellaneous matters, the board will consider:
- Approval of a retainer agreement for legal service between Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP and Pocahontas County Board of Education, for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Approval of the 2023-2024 Pocahontas County Schools Board of Education meeting schedule.
- Approval of Superintendent’s evaluation for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Approval of the Superintendent’s goals for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Approval to create countywide dress code policy for students of Pocahontas County Schools and a countywide dress code policy for the staff of Pocahontas County Schools.
- Approving the recommended service and professional personnel actions.
Prior to adjourning, the board will conduct their Matters of the Board discussion.
To see the official agenda with the names of all the student winners, click here: 4-25-23 Official BOE Agenda PDF