Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda for the August 16th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education’s next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 16th at the Board of Education’s office in Buckeye, starting at 6:00 pm. The agenda for the meeting is as follows.
After normal opening procedures, the board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and his special recognitions.
There will be informational reports from the following:
- Haley Spencer, the new Student Representative to the board.
- Pamela Schield of Community Care.
- Eryn Neyer about the Snap-Ed Curriculum.
- Andy Cocina, the Wendell Representative with an energy savings update.
- Ron Hall and Julie Shiflet, who will talk about attendance policies and procedures.
The board will then consider consent approval of routine financial matters and reports.
The board will next consider the following miscellaneous matters:
- Approval of an amendment to the Project Development Agreement with Wendell Energy Services, LLC. To include HVAC renovations at Marlinton Elementary School.
- Approval of entering into an independent contract with Jeff Wayne as a Water Operator at Green Bank Elementary-Middle School.
- Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with School Days Child Care LLC to provide pre-school services this school year.
- Approval of a MOU with North Central WV Community Action Association, Inc. for this Fiscal Year’s Head Start Program
- Approval of the revised Neola Policy about Acceptable Use.
- Approval of three overnight travel requests associated with the Nature’s Mountain Classroom program.
- A review of the Re-entry Plan, with any necessary actions.
- The recommended Service and Professional personnel actions.
Lastly, the board members will conduct a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning the meeting.