Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda for the August 8th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold their next regular meeting at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 8th in the Board Conference Room in their office in Buckeye with the following agenda:
After normal opening procedures, the board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and special recognitions.
They will hear an Academic Achievement update from Stephanie Burns concerning early literacy summer programs.
The board will next consider consent approval of routine financial matters, as well as the following non-routine financial matters and also allowing school support organizations to conduct fundraisers and allowing parents to purchase insurance to cover their students’ issued Surface GO devices.
Regarding Miscellaneous matters, the board will consider approval of the following:
- A memorandum of Understanding MOU with Community Care of West Virginia to provide in-school healthcare services.
- An MOU with the WV Department of Education (WVDE) Office of Child Nutrition.
- An MOU with the WVDE National School Lunch Program’s Snack Agreement.
- An MOU with the West Virginia Family Nutrition Program.
- To accept the bid from United Dairy.
- To accept the bid from Tri-County Wholesale Produce.
- To accept the bid from Flowers Bakery Co.
- A contract with Certified School Psychologist Diana Smith.
- A contract with Physical Therapist Melanie Mason.
- A contract with Occupational Therapist Leslie Goodall.
- An MOU with the North Central WV Community Action Agency regarding the Head Start Program.
- An MOU with Southern Educational Services Cooperative (SESC) regarding providing school-bus operator examinations
- A contract with Jeff Wayne to serve as Water Operator at the Green Bank School.
- A contract with Diamond J. Heating and Cooling to provide HVAC repairs as needed to the schools.
- For Dr. Sue Hollandsworth to remain as the BOE representative to the SESC; for Sam Gibson to remain the BOE representative to the WV Extension Office Committee; and for Rebecca Campbell to remain as BOE representative on the Day Report Committee.
- Approval of 6 Advance Placement courses and of 13 dual-credit courses at PCHS’
- Approval of the following as this school year’s sports gender classifications
- Boys’ sports: baseball; basketball; soccer; and track & field.
- Girls’ sports: softball; basketball; soccer; and track & field.
- Co-Ed sports: band; cheer-leading; football; and golf.
The board will then approve the recommended service and professional personnel actions; conduct a Matters of the Board discussion then adjourn the meeting.