Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda for the December 13th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education’s next meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 13th at Marlinton Middle School. There will be a Local School Improvement Council meeting beginning at 3:00 pm followed by the regular meeting at 4:15 pm. The agenda for the regular meeting is as follows.
After normal opening procedures, the board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and his special recognitions.
There will be informational reports from the following:
- Haley Spencer, the Student Representative to the board
- Jay Miller will talk about a math tutor proposal.
- Shana Alderman will deliver a Green Bank Elementary/Middle School academic update.
- Lynne Bostic, Shirlene Groseclose, Devan Gum and Cammy Kesterson will deliver a virtual instruction update.
The board will then consider consent approval of routine financial matters and reports as well as two additional financial items:
- Approval of the Pocahontas County Schools Management Representation Letter- single Audit as of June 30, 2022, with a fee of $25,260.
- Approval to pay the Greenbrier Valley Economic Development Corporation at a rate of $50.00 per hour to provide grant application writing services for the Renew Americas Schools Grant
Next the board will consider these Miscellaneous agenda items:
- Approval of additional school-based fundraisers for Green Bank Elementary/Middle School and for Marlinton Elementary School.
- Approval of additional Parent and Community Volunteers for the current school year.
- The approval of the recommended list of Service and Professional personnel actions.
The board will conduct a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning the meeting.