Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda for the February 14th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold a public hearing on their proposed 2023-2024 School-Year Calendar at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 14th in the Board Conference Room in their office in Buckeye. Their regular meeting will begin immediately after the calendar hearing with the following agenda:
After normal opening procedures, the board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and his special recognitions.
Haley Spencer, the Student Representative to the board will deliver her report.
Joanna Burt-Kinderman will deliver an Academic Achievement report about her position as the schools’ Math Coach.
Concerning financial matters the board will consider approval of the following:
- Routine financial matters.
- The February 7, 2023 revisions of the schools’ Management Representation Letter regarding the Single Audit as of June 30, 2033 – with a remaining fee of $25,260.00.
- And the Disbursement Request regarding invoice # 012 in the amount of $70,864.04 – the final credit to principal balance and to close the Energy Performance contract regarding the master lease-purchase agreement with Country Roads Leasing.
Regarding Miscellaneous matters, the board will consider:
- Accepting Morgan G. McComb’s resignation as the board’s representative to the Day Report Committee.
- Appointing Rebecca L. Campbell as the board’s representative to the Day Report Committee.
- Authorizing Jay Johnson of the Johnson Logging Company to volunteer his time and equipment to improve the logging roads and wood lot at PCHS for the school’s Forestry Program’s use.
- Allowing Marlinton Elementary School to add a Cookbook Fundraiser.
- Approving additional Parent and Community volunteers.
- Approving the recommended Service and Professional Personnel actions.
Prior to adjourning, the board will conduct their Matters of the Board discussion.