Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda for the November 29th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education’s next meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 29th at the Board of Education Office in Buckeye. There will be a Service Personnel meeting at 5:00 pm followed by the regular meeting at 6:00 pm. The agenda for the regular meeting is as follows.
After normal opening procedures, the board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and his special recognitions.
There will be informational reports from the following:
- Haley Spencer, the Student Representative to the board.
- Stephanie Burns, the ELA Coach who will deliver an Academic Achievement report.
The board will then consider consent approval of routine financial matters and reports.
Next the board will consider these Miscellaneous agenda items:
- Approval of the American Institute of Architects document agreement between the Thrasher Group, Inc. and the Board of Education. This is concerning the roof & boiler replacement project at Marlinton Elementary School.
- Approval of the WV Department of Education (WVDE)’s revision to policy 2419 -the regulations for the education of students with exceptionalities. These revisions are retroactive to November 14th.
- Approval of the Memorandum of Agreement with the WVDOE, the Mountaineer Challenge Academy and the BOE which will implement a system to grant high school diplomas for students who successfully complete the Mountaineer Challenge program. This will be retroactive to October 28, 2022.
- They will conduct a discussion with possible action on the school nurse’s stations keeping Narcan on hand in the schools.
- The approval of the recommended list of Service and Professional personnel actions.
The bord will conduct a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning the meeting.