Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda for the October 24th Regular Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold their next regular meeting at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 24th in the board office in Buckeye, WV. with the following agenda:
After normal opening procedures, the board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and special recognitions.
They will receive Informational reports from:
- Riley G. Pollack, the Student Representative to the board.
- Jamie Walker regarding supplements
- Kristy Tritapoe, regarding family engagement.
- Julie Shifflet
The board will next consider consent approval of routine financial matters and reports.
They will also consider approval of Memorandums of Understanding with the following:
- School Days LLC, regarding food nutrition.
- Youth Health Services, Inc., regarding a service agreement for them to provided services in the schools.
- The WVU College of Applied Human Sciences, School of Education.
- And the Grow Your Own WV Pathway to Teaching.
The board will consider approving for the Robotics Team to travel overnight on the following dates to compete in VEX Robotics Competitions:
- November 10-11 to Brooke high School
- January 19-20 to Ripley High School
- February 16-17 WVU
- And, if they qualify, to States competition in Fairmont on March 9-10t
The board will also consider the following:
- The approval to accept the settlement for Altria (regarding vapes)
- Approval of parent and community volunteers for this school year.
- Approval of the recommended service and professional personnel actions.
They will then conduct a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning the meeting.