Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda for the September 26th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education’s next meeting will be held on Monday, September 26th at Marlinton Elementary School. There will be a Local School Improvement Council Meeting beginning at 3:00 pm, followed by the regular meeting beginning at 4:15 pm. The agenda for the regular meeting is as follows.
After normal opening procedures, the board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and his special recognitions.
There will be informational reports from the following:
- Haley Spencer, the Student Representative to the board.
- Charlie McGee Hughes who will talk about the proposed Drama/Theater Club.
- Sherry Radcliff, who will announce a generous donation to the schools.
The board will then consider consent approval of routine financial matters and reports, followed by approval of the unaudited 2021-2022 Financial Statement, and by the approval of the Thrasher Group as the Architect for the Major Improvement Project (MIP) to replace the roof and boilers at Marlinton Elementary School.
The board will consider approval of the following Miscellaneous agenda items.
- The construction of a 30’ by 50’ pavilion/picnic shelter at the Green Bank Elementary/Middle School.
- A Memorandum of Understanding with the County Commission to allow the County Office of Emergency Management/911 Center to access the video cameras within the schools in the event of an emergency situation.
- Updating the GBE-B -Extra Duty/Extracurricular Bus Transportation Procedure to reflect the pay increase.
- Adding an additional school-based fundraiser for PCHS – “Pick a Date to Donate” /Sophomore Class.
- Creating a joint Drama/Theater Club for PCHS and Marlinton Middle School for the current school year.
- A Parent & Community Volunteer list update for the current school year.
- The recommended Service and Professional personnel action list.
The board members will then conduct a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning the meeting.