Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda for the September 6th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education’s next meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 6th at the Board of Education’s office in Buckeye. There will be a work session beginning at 4:30 p.m., followed immediately thereafter by the regular meeting. The agenda for the regular meeting is as follows.
After normal opening procedures, the board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and his special recognitions.
There will be informational reports from the following:
- Haley Spencer, the Student Representative to the board.
- Ruth Bland will discuss Testing and School enrollment.
The board will then consider consent approval of routine financial matters and reports, followed by considering amending their Master Lease-Purchase agreement with Country Roads Leasing. This is part of the energy savings project.
The board will approve the following allocations to the Faculty Senates in the following schools.
- Green Bank elementary/Middle School -$9,140.08
- Hillsboro Elementary School -$3638.08
- Marlinton Elementary School -$7,484.87
- Marlinton Middle School -$5,196.80
- PCHS -$12,040.17
They will consider adjusting the Extra Duty Pay for School Bus Drivers from a rate of 1/7th of their regular pay to 1/6th of their regular pay, effective September 8th.
The board will next consider the following miscellaneous matters:
- Approval for up to 40 PCHS Seniors and Mrs. Anita Workman; Mr. Aaron Pugh; Ms. Wanda Hrabina; and Mrs. Sarah Cover to travel to Charlottesville, VA by school bus for a day trip to tour Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello Home. This trip is funded by PCHS trip funds and by the participants.
- Approval of the Superintendent’s goals for the 2022 -2023 school year.
- A review of the Re-entry Plan, with any necessary actions.
- Approval of the recommended Service and Professional personnel actions.
The board members will then conduct a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning the meeting.
Click on this link to view the official agenda, which contains the recommended personnel actions 9-6-22 BOE Official Agenda PDF