Pocahontas Commission to Celebrate Bicentennial at December 21 Meeting
At their Tuesday, December 21st meeting, the County Commission invites the public to celebrate the 200th birthday of Pocahontas County with them, and they will formerly issue a Commission Resolution to honor the event. This celebration will begin at 5:30 pm and will be held in the Circuit Courtroom to better accommodate those people who wish to attend.
Following this celebration there will be routine opening procedures, and then the commissioners will hear public comments at 5:55 p.m.
At 6:00. B.J. Gudmundson will deliver the annual update of Preserving Pocahontas.
At 6:15, Peggy Owens will deliver the annual update of the Pocahontas County Arts Council.
At 6:30, the commissioners will discuss and consider signing the lease with the WV Division of Forestry for their use of office space in the Former Shoe Factory Building.
At 6:45 the commissioners will receive updates regarding the status of broadband projects in the county.
At 7:15. There will be a discussion about the storage tanks at the East Fork Industrial Park in Frank.
The following items on the agenda, which do not have a specific time assigned to them will be discussed and acted on if deemed appropriate by the commissioners.
- Approval of final settlements and orders
- A discussion of mail items and concerns
- An agreement with Thompson & Litton Engineering firm regarding the county Broadband Project, and Region 4’s request for “drawdown #4” from the funds available in the Pocahontas County Broadband Study Grant.
- A request from the County Prosecutor for additional funding for temporary employment.
- The opening and awarding of gasoline bids for all courthouse offices.
- A Memorandum of understanding regarding Pocahontas County Aerial Imagery with the County Assessor and the 911 Center.
- A Notice of Intent to consolidate a portion of voting precinct 12 with Precinct 13 in the Central Magisterial District, and the creation of Precinct 22 in the Central Magisterial District. These changes are due to redistricting because of the 2020 Census.
The commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.
To join the Zoom Meeting, go to: https://zoom.us/j/8181361801