September 19th Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet on Tuesday, September 19th at 5:30 pm in the Commission Office in the Pocahontas County Courthouse, with the following agenda.
After opening procedures, at 5:35 pm, The commissioners hear public comments
Also at 5:35 pm, Mike Hysell of STI Networks will present a revised agreement for the Commission’s telephone system upgrade.
At 5:45, the commissioners will consider issuing a resolution for, and signing of the FY2024 Court Security Grant documents.
At 6:00, The commissioners will consider administratively closing of estates that did not respond to their unprogressed estate notice of July 10, 2023.
At 6:15, Chelsea Faulknier, the new Executive Director of the Pocahontas County Convention and Visitors Bureau, will present their 2023 Compliance Report to the commissioners.
At 6:30, the county Broadband Council will recommend that the commissioners approve Mike Holstine to act on the commission’s behalf and to serve as the county liaison to work with First Energy on the pole attachment process for the ARC Broadband Project.
They will also discuss and/or consider action on the following
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- They will consider approving hiring Nathan Tawney as a driver for the Pocahontas County Ambulance Service at a pay rate of $13.00 per hour, and also approval of the purchase of either a new ambulance or of a reliable used ambulance.
- They will discuss their proposed Courthouse Annex project.
- They will discuss and consider taking action on the value of the timber on the new EMS/911 Center lot.
- They will discuss and consider taking action on a water sewer project on Beard Heights.
- They will discuss and consider taking action on having local satellite/cable TV services provide local television to county customers.
- Mark Smith of the county Public Service District will brief the commissioners on the Headworks Project.
- They will discuss the East Fork Tannery sewer hookup if there have been any new developments in that project.
- Attorney Stephen Skinner will inform the commissioners of any updates to the Opioid Litigation Settlement.
Finally, the commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.
The meeting will also be available on Zoom Meeting. The instructions to join the zoom meeting can be found below.
To join the Zoom Meeting, go to: https://us06web.zoom.us/J/8181361801